Translate into your language !!!

Saturday 18 February 2017

Attila Vedo-an unsung hero

Attila Vedo - an unsung hero


I first came across Attila on Youtube, as he sailed round Ireland, single-handedly, in about 5 days, in his 22 foot long Hurley yacht, 'Comino'. His understated nature, dry wit and quiet determination appeals to me.

He  clearly had further plans, and I have been following them. He started from his home port of Dun Laoghaire, near Dublin, Ireland, made his way south, across the Bay of Biscay, then to Lisbon, and on to Porto Santo, Madeira and Lanzarote....then he was quiet for a while. That was because he was busy crossing the Atlantic, and I got word from him, last week, that he had arrived safely in Barbados.

What a great achievement. You can follow Attila's adventures on his Youtube channel, on his website, or via 'Patreon', via the 3 links below  :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fE9ar8uLrbKeqdJsP8VXg

https://attilavedo.wordpress.com/

https://www.patreon.com/attilavedo

And why not do the decent thing, as I do ?  Make a small and/or regular money contribution, via his PayPal facility.  It will help with the upkeep of his boat, or buy him some diesel. I have not met the guy, yet,  but quiet heroes like Attila deserve our support. 

Here are a few words from his 'Patreon' page

I started sailing my small boat Comino, a Hurley 22 from Dublin, Ireland on the 18 September 2016. I would like to share my adventure with everyone interested. I am writing down my experience, taking pictures of places I visit, and make short movies about the journey. I hope you enjoy reading and watching them and consider the effort worthwhile to donate. How far I can get only depends on my abilities and the support I get from my audience. Thank you!

And below are his first few videos from his adventure. You can see the others, via youtube. 







                                                    


                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment